I first visited Hong Kong in 2014 then lived there for one year from June 2016 to 2017. It’s one of my favourite cities for a number of reasons and a place I would love to spend more time in.
Most of these photos were taken with a Canon 6D camera before I gave it away to five kids pointing a gun at me in Rio de Janerio. Since 2018 I’ve been shooting film.
What’s would my perfect day in Hong Kong look like?
- Breakfast at The Flying Pan
- Visit to Tin Hau Temple in Yau Ma Tei
- See a film at The Broadway Cinemateque
- Have a lunch of vegetarian honey roast pork and rice at one of the Buddhist vegetarian restaurants
- Go for a walk in one of the parks then stroll around the galleries and antique shops between Sheung Wan and The Mid-levels
- Watch the sunset from the Kowloon Public Pier
- Eat a slice of Pizza at the Mong Kok branch of Paisano’s
- Watch the races at Happy Valley (it would have to be a Wednesday. I always put money on horse 9 to win the 9pm race).
- Go see live music at The Wanch or Salon Number 10
- Put some songs on at the jukebox in Le Jardin in LKF
Recommended reading for Hong Kong
- The Honourable Schoolboy by John le Carré
- The World of Suzie Wong by Richard Mason
- The Painted Veil by Sommerset Maugham
- Gweilo: Memories of a Hong Kong Childhood by Martin Booth